Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Deceased Louisiana Sheriff Harry Lee Huge Big Ole Bronze Statue To Be Unveiled

Ahh this might be of interest to my Louisiana readers. Yes it is hard to think a whole year has gone by since the controversial, much loved, much hated, but always entertaining Sheriff Harry Lee of Jefferson Parish died.

But Harry Lee will live on in a huge ole Bronze Statue that will tower over the Parish that he once ruled.

The Picayune has more here including a pic of the statute with a big covering over it just to tantalize us more.

The Picayune mentions that Harry Lee had a song wrote about him . You can listen to it here plus see Harry Lee on the album cover!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about him during Gustav. I didn't know he passed. I guess we were still in Michigan at that time. Thanks for the update. I expect to be closing on a house in Sulphur in a couple of weeks - Something like that won't escape me again!

James H said...

I am excited you are moving back. I was wondering how you were doing on Beaumont. I will start adding you to the Louisiana Catholic Update and put you in the Lake Charles links

Anonymous said...

We lost our chimney, 1/2 of the roof, and the living room ceiling during Ike. Fortunately, it's a rental. Not a buyer's market in this part of Texas. The hurricane has made it worse. That's why we are ending up in Louisiana on 12 acres, 4 stocked ponds, and a small house. 5 minutes from my dad and 20 minutes from my tailgate spot at McNeese Stadium!