Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Steubenville On the Bayou Huge Success

Louisana is blessed to have both Steubenville South ! and .Steubenville on the Bayou

The New edition of the Bayou Catholic from the of Diocese of Houma- Thibodaux, is Online (can be downloaded in PDF format here) and it has some pictures of the recent Steubenville on the Bayou..Also of course it a good read to see what else is going on down there. I am a huge fan of Bishop Jacobs and I am so glad the so supports this. He talks about what happened (page 4 of the above PDF File) It is far more than just a Louisiana event. Kids from over the South come to it..

The Houma paper also has a good vid and write up here at Catholic festival draws thousands of youths

By the way I have found another Louisiana Catholic Blogging Priest when I was researching this. That is Homilies of Father Paul Yi . He mentioned in his Homily here at June 29, 2008 Feast of St. Peter and St. Paul
"This past Friday night and Saturday morning, I was in Houma at the youth conference called Steubenville on the Bayou. I spent about 3-4 hours total hearing confessions of young high school students. What I was so impressed by was that all the young people visiting my confessional were so filled with desire to be holy and to be pure. They understood Jesus’ words, “Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.”

If there is one great temptation for the young people of this generation is impurity. Yet these young people were desiring to clean out their temple of the Holy Spirit; they came to Jesus asking him to drive out the money changers and all the filth that was occupying their beautiful temple dedicated to God the Father. And isn’t God amazing, using me, an unworthy instrument who was an enemy of God in my earlier years, as instrument of his mercy. He has transformed me so radically that I can now say to these young people, “And I absolve you from your sins, in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” That’s God’s power. And today’s feast day of St. Peter and St. Paul is a reminder that God desires to restore us, the temple of the Holy Spirit, to the true glory and true beauty as He intended from the beginning.

No comments: