Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tim Tebow Speaks!!! Being A White Man Is Cool at Times (SEC MEDIA DAYS)


It is SEC Media Days!!! Expect a huge post on this later!!! Any the totally FAB Florida Tim Tebow (Blessings be Upon Him) was there and SPOKE !!!


His transcript can be located here. Here are a few excepts of the Golden Mouthed (Sorry St. John Chrysostom there is a new guy in town) Video of Press Conference here on this page.


BEING A WHITE GUY IS COOL AGAIN!!!

Q. When you go abroad, are you always recognized?

TIM TEBOW: Well, most of the time I'm not recognized for like being a quarterback or a Heisman Trophy winner or anything like that. In the Philippines or Thailand, the only reason you're recognized is because you're a white man who is there. That's pretty cool.......


On the LSU Game

Q. Florida and Georgia already have a lot of hype coming into the season. You have Georgia November 1st in Jacksonville. How do you stay focused with all the hype on that game, slip up to LSU or Miami, whoever comes ahead of that?

TIM TEBOW: Slip up to LSU? How do we do that? LSU is the defending national champs, and Miami will be unbelievable. I think 60% of Florida will be in Gainesville on that night. I don't think we'll look past those teams at all. We're definitely looking forward to Georgia. But I don't think we're going to like blow off LSU or Miami. I think we're going to focus on them as well. Those are pretty big games for us (laughter). ....


On LSU Fans -

Q. How soon, if at all, did you have a sense of humor about the cell phone incident with the LSU fans? If you had to do it over again, would you still do the little gesture that you did?


TIM TEBOW: Absolutely. Absolutely. That was fun. I had fun with it. I enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy not being able to use my phone the whole week. I mean, you know, what can you say? College kids, they want to support their university, help their team, whatnot. That's fine. Does nothing but motivate me, you know. I mean, it just shows you how crazy some fans can be. I mean, you know, some of it's inappropriate as far as death threats or whatnot, they'll say about your family or whatnot. For the most part, it doesn't I don't even think about it. I really enjoy the intensity and the rivalry that brings. But, you know, not too much else about it.


Q. What is your new number?

TIM TEBOW: I'll just go text the LSU fans (smiling).



DOES TEBOW do anything Wrong ?


Q. I don't mean to sound cynical, but between winning the national championship and winning the Heisman, saving the world in the Philippines and all, did you ever like sneak a cigarette when you were in high school? Do you ever do anything wrong? Do you feel like everything off the field is sort of on cruise control for you?


TIM TEBOW: It's definitely not on cruise control, that's for sure (laughter). I'll get that question, not the exact same way you put it, but sometimes. You know, everybody, they can see they can look and see how easy it is. But it's definitely not that easy........


Tebow though is still a Tease he will not Open the Door Completely on his Life


Q I imagine when you're back in Gainesville or Jacksonville, everywhere you go people are swarming you whether it's at the mall or Wal Mart. Are there any encounters that stand out?


TIM TEBOW: I don't go to the mall or Wal Mart too often because of that (smiling). But there's been some interesting experiences, some inappropriate as well that I can't really mention. But, you know, there have been, you know, definitely a handful of them that you kind of just got to prepare yourself for and get used to 'cause some people are willing to do anything so... (Laughter).

More Wisdom of Tebow at Link above. Can be printed out so one can take to Sunday School, 12 step programs, Young Leadership groups , etc so we can all meditate and gain wisdom from Tim Tebow.

No comments: