Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ryan Perrilloux Praises Coach Miles and Is Getting On With His Life


I suppose it is a tad depressing that the departure of Ryan Perrilloux means that LSU is not really in the national discussion to repeat a National Championship or even found likely to win the SEC this year.
I was needed break though. I as well as much of the LSU fan bases really liked Ryan but it was needed break. This interview and piece from ESPN today just shows me what I always believed. RYAN just needed to get out of Baton Rouge which was basically home. There were just too many temptations there and also the particular bubble he was in was causing him to make silly mind boggling bad choices.
A few quotes:
I let a great opportunity slip away at LSU," Perrilloux told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "Everybody knows that, and I know it, too. But what I have to say is, 'Will I let that crush me as a player or will I look at that as adversity and use that to drive me and motivate me to do better?'
"That's what I've been doing since I've been here. I've been looking at the mistakes I made at LSU and trying not to make those same mistakes at Jacksonville State," he said
.
and
If Miles' decision caused any hard feelings from either side, it's not obvious. Perrilloux, a Louisiana native, praises him as a great coach who "gave me every opportunity to do the right thing. I think everybody saw that."

No comments: