Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pope Benedict and Former Hitman and Gangster Unite For Christ


Pretty cool story that the Deacon Beach has at The pope's gangster .

I never knew many people in the mob. A branch of our family had some dealing with Carlos Marcellos way back when they were running slots and jukeboxes in Northeast louisiana and Mississippi (You sort of had to back then to show you were not a threat and to get access) . Back then it was much more acceptable and did not raise eyebrows and yes as my family shows even Good Baptist did it :) I am sure many people in New Orleans have numerous stories but I suppose they are dying out

As to hitmen I actually met a guy whose dad was hitman for that famous New Orleans mobster. He left that profession after having a dramatic almost Supernatural encounter with Christ in a hotel room. He returned to his Catholic Faith.

Anyway great read

No comments: