Thursday, July 17, 2008

Louisiana Catholic Blog Update for July 17 th 2008

This Order of Sisters has quite history and was founded in Louisiana. The New Orleans Catholic Paper had a good article on them and the exhibit that is currently in New Orleans on the Sisters
of the Holy Family. Go to my post here second full paragraph for the links.

First let me say we have a new edition to the Louisiana Catholic Blog roll and "daily update".
Meet Mom and Kids At Home. She is a Catholic mom and Home School person from the Diocese of Lafayette!! I will add her to that section after I finish this entry. Go see her posts Hands-on science, kind of.. , Clean Walls Faster! , and Great Catholic Textbooks

Catholic Tube is really covering WYD well. Go see his vid. Do Not Be Fooled . Be sure to check in at his section World Youth Day events here. where all the vids he has posted and will post as to WYD are contained .


From The Recamier has two post. First she has book review here at Why Life Speeds Up As You Get Older: How Memory Shapes Our Past by Douwe Draaisma (Translated by Arnold and Erica Pomerans) . Also see Daily Update: July 16, 2008 (she has Saints and it the ultimate biggie today) That is Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel that we honored yesterday. Her parting quote to her entry is from Catholic great Hilaire Belloc

One of our other Home Schooling Catholics Footprints on the Fridge is going on retreat. See See You Monday!.

Baby Cate has a very good post at Taking Off the Old Yoke His post remids me that I have not started by Paul Bible Study yet for the Pauline Year :(. I shall do that tonight.




Thoughts & Ruminations from Fr. Ryan has The USCCB Office of *##&&&#*# lol . Classic !!!!! (be sure to scroll down for the full thing). I would add my comments if he had a comment box!! It is all about $$$$ . Classic. Father Neuhaus explained one time we have to endure this silliness (both the bad translation an other stuff) I need to try to find it on the First Things blog again.

Checking in on our one of our EXPAT priests Da Mihi Animas has a great post and vid at World Youth Day: Opportunity for New Evangelization . He kindly links one of my post here at The Holy Father's First Address at WYD 2008!


I hope I need miss anyone. If not I will catch you on Friday.








No comments: