Friday, November 28, 2008

Pope Benedict - There is no Contradiction Between Faith and Works

I suspect a good many American Catholic bloggers and others might have missed Benedict's extensive remarks on justification because of the holiday of Thanksgiving. I almost did myself but caught it when I got home last night.

For Catholics this is the Pauline year where we are celebrating Paul and studying his various works in scripture. The controversial issue of Justification (How we are saved) is of course a major issue. Pope Benedict greatly expnaded on his remarks he made last week during his weekly audience in Rome.

I shall put up the full text of his remarks in a little bit latter today. CNA though has a nice overview here at There is no contradiction between faith and works, Pope asserts

No comments: