Monday, September 1, 2008

We Survived Gustav and Getting Back to Regular Blogging

It is weird to think the bands and last winds of Gustav that is now over my house caused so much destruction across different countries and my home state is coming to a end. Though it appears we shall have rain and tornado warning the next day or so. I think we dodged a bullet. It was great seeing how everyone came to together on the Federal , State, and Local level.

I just got from doing my volunteer time at the EVAC shelter about 30 minutes ago. The next hurricane we will face is trying to convince all these folks not to get on the road in the morning and head home. Needless to say that is a bad idea on so many levels. There is a lot of damage and I am not sure if there would be gas available for everyone anyway to get back

Anyway this week has been taken up by work , a trip to South Louisiana , hurricane stuff, and a Louisiana Tech game so there has not been many of my regular posts. That will change after midnight tonight !! Needless to say there appears to have been a lot happening since the Gustav troubles started down here

No comments: