Sunday, July 13, 2008

Three Cheers For Teen Pregnancy?

I am sure you thing Opinionated Catholic here has lost his mind. However Catholidoxy has a good post showing perhaps some benefits of "Married Teens" (let us recall that 18 years and 19 years old are teenagers) and early childbirth at Frederica: "Let's Have More Teen Pregnancy"

I must say I see the wisdom of this besides the fact that perhaps biology should not be constantly fought against. My parents were of the Vietnam generation and many of my parents friends were married and had children young , if not by 18 usually before they were 21.

What about women's careers? Well from what I understand most women that I have talked too in this situation or when I was overhearing "adult talk" when I was young were glad they had kids in college. Looking back they found it far easier than perhaps waiting. OF course there were informal support systems then that there might not be now.

No comments: