Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Catholic American History Book for Home School Folks as Well As Everyone

Every few weeks I kinda of do a google search to see if I can find Louisiana Catholic Blogs to add to daily update. I have found a Catholic Home School blog from the Bayou State called Mom and Kids At Home.

As soon as I find out what Diocese she is from I intend to add her to the Louisiana Catholic link section. By the way I will have to clean up those links to get rid of a one that appears to have gone dark and move one other to the general Catholic links (sadly she moved to Texas :( )

So glad to have an edition.

She hits on an American History Textbook that also hits on the Catholic aspects. Go see her post Great Catholic Textbooks I think books like this should be bought by people that are not only home schooling. Perhaps I am a History Nerd but I think Catholic Families especially if they have their kids in public school would do well to supplement it with something like this. I mean history is FUN!!!

I am big lover of History and I have been toying of perhaps gathering the material to perhaps to do something similar as to Louisiana History that also shows the Catholic side too. (Isn't Louisiana History still a required course in Louisiana?).

Anyway good stuff

No comments: