Thursday, November 1, 2007

What in the Heck is An Indulgence?

I am going to post on a wonderful indulgence tonight that we can receive over the next few days. It has not escaped my attention that my future post is occurring the day after "Reformation Day". So if you wish to learn how tomorrow and this coming week you can help yourself(wipe out Purgatory time) and others( the faithful departed) then check back tonight.

Historical Christian has a great post(among many others see below) on this subject. I thought before I got into the indulgence associated with All Souls day I should post her thoughts. Go see
For Daily Growth in Holiness, the Beautiful Spiritual Practice of . . . Indulgences

Also see her posts
"Gloriously, beautifully right:" An Anglican Returns to Rome and the The Priest: Consecrating the Bread and Wine, Consecrating Us which are quite good.

No comments: