Monday, November 12, 2007

Louisiana Catholic Blogger Update For Nov 12th


ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST CATHOLIC CHURCH CEMETERY BRUSLY, LOUISIANA
Next time I am in Baton Rouge I am going to check this cemetery out across the river. This site has some very interesting history behind some of the people that are buried there.
A short update since many Bloggers no doubt are enjoying the holiday

Fr. Victor Brown’s Catholic Daily Message has another nice post at Feast of Saint Josaphat (12 Nov 2007)

Full Circle has a nice post somehow I missed on Saturday I believe. Go see Fine line between burdensome and helpful . I agree with him 100 percent. Also as a Convert to Catholicism I finds his remarks right on

Arrival : The Parousian Weblog has part I of what looks like to be a good series of post. That is T.S. Eliot and Community: Part I of III

Thoughts & Ruminations from Fr. Ryan has a excellent post up. Go see Some Thoughts from Ben Stein. Stein is one of my favorite commentators of the social and political scene. By the way I am very glad that Fr Ryan has his blog now to where I can link directly to his individual post. Now if only a unnamed priest in Baton Rouge that appears to be using the same web or blog format can do the same(hint hint hint).

From The Recamier has a nice post as usual. GO see her post today. She starts out with the Saint of the day for Yesterday that is Martin of Tours, Bishop (died 397). She has a lot of facts for the day , including some interesting things on Peter Drucker

Alive and Young has a fun post up. That is Not Said By Jesus Sunday (Monday)

A Number of Things has a post up called November Toymaking Fair!. By the way I am highlighting her and her incredible work in the next post.

Footprints on the Fridge has a wonderful post that is a Tad more than a "hey I will not be blogging for a week or two post" Go see Signing Off for Vacation. I am so jealous. Yep that is the good thing about Home Schooling. If I was a Home School er I would be doing this a lot. Get them out and meet the world. I am jealous of the fun she will be having.

We end with the Brown Pelican Society that of course has a ton of links.
YOUR ROLE AS A CATHOLIC VOTER
DID YOU KNOW....Democrats Promise Great Things With Your Money...LOTS OF IT?
Conservatives React Against Pro-Gay ENDA Measure
A FIRST? Natural Family Planning Gets Government, Insurance Recognition(A Interesting post)
There, But for the Grace of God, Go I
Is Consumerism Harmful?
Veterans of Today — and Tomorrow(A nice article from the National Catholic Register)
FOX News : "Bella" Star, Eduardo Verastegui, Interviewed by Neil Cavuto
Thanking Our Veterans
Saudi's Visit to Vatican Seen as Good Start
Undermining Parents: Access to Abortion and Contraception by Minors
TODAY'S GOSPEL & MEDITATION - God-Like People Exercise God-Like Forgiveness
TODAY'S SAINT - St. Josaphat (1580?-1623)

No comments: