Tuesday, May 14, 2013

LSU to Have LGBT Graduation ?

I mentioned earlier I was without phone and internet for about 5 days through a power company mistake. My main source of news was the cable and I have to say I am tad Cleveland kidnapping story out.

So I missed a lot of news most of which I get through social media. One item I missed was Louisiana State University Sponsoring Gay Graduation Ceremony


I will be the first to admit that LSU graduations because of the class size are not the most intimate of affairs. Still a gay graduation ? Its hard to see how this idea could be limited. What about a LSU Newman Club graduation , or  College Republican club graduation. In fact one would have to think FRAT only graduations would be a hit.

Not sure LSU is thinking this through.

3 comments:

Undergroundpewster said...

Pretty soon the Animal Husbandry majors will want their own graduation too.

Unknown said...

Finally! LSU allows gay graduation!

I'm kidding... But I've heard of schools - and public schools at that - having Latino graduation ceremonies or African-American graduation ceremonies.

Of course, that sounds... constitutionally infirm to me. But with a little investigation, I've been told that anyone can participate. That apparently cures the potential problems...

I suspect, then, that at schools allowing for such a thing, pretty much ANYONE who applies for their own ceremony would be allowed.

James H said...

that might be the case. I think I have heard of a Foreign student graduation perhaps.

I am going to be curious if this starts a trend