Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Calling All Catholics & Lovers of Southern Literature- Walker Percy Festival Being Planned

Rod Dreher is helping spearhead an excellent idea. A Walker Percy Festival in St Francisville Louisiana. He gives an idea of what he envisions and is looking for ideas . See his post A Walker Percy Festival?


Walker Percy was many things including one of the American South best Catholic writers. Percy received from Notre Dame the Laetare Medal which is American Catholicism highest honor. He is with such people as Civil War Gen. William Rosecrans, operatic tenor John McCormack, President John F. Kennedy, Catholic Worker foundress Dorothy Day,, Cardinal Joseph Bernardin, and death penalty abolitionist Sister Helen Prejean in that regard.

So I am hoping this idea gains some steam.

1 comment:

Pauli said...

My friends and I are all going. It's going to be awesome. I posted on Percy recently, on my blog.