Friday, March 26, 2010

Should Immigration Reform Folks Demand A Moratorium on Deportations

The immigration reform movement suffers from the same thing that a lot of groups suffer from. That is not being on the same page.

I am noticing on my twitter thing there have been a lot of calls for a Moratorium on deportations. Now first I think the likelihood of that happening is ZERO.

However is this not the bigger problem. In 2007 a common objection to Pathway to Citizenship , by very good average sane people, was OK we grant Amnesty and then we shall have to do the same thing 20 years later. RECALL REAGAN!!!!

Many people are I think willing to agree with pathway to citizenship IF they think the future laws will be enforced. Sort of a compromise.

So I , and people can disagree of course, find it counterproductive to now stop enforcing a existing law when telling people that we shall enforce future laws and this is how we do it.

That is just my two cents. In effect talking about and demanding moratoriums on deportations goes a long way in killing any hope for immigration reform. So it is a LOSE LOSE.

No comments: