Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Will The National Review Get Someone to Balance Mark Krikorian

Another immigration post I know. Every time I do one of these I can feel my small readership shrink.

Again as I noted earlier this issue of immigration reform is going no where this year. Smart reporters that cover this beat have already reported the Democrat leadership has assured its frightened members there will be no vote on it this year. SORRY PRO IMMIGRATION OBAMA SUPPORTERS YOU GOT SCREWED. Which I predicted two years ago.

That being said though the immigration issue is a complex one. Also there are many valid conservative lines of thoughts on this issue. It is not helpful that the National Review allows pretty much Mark Krikorian the sole bully puplit over there as we work this out.

TO be fair they finally got around to getting someone that could engage what Krikorian was saying earlier last year. Sadly the guy died of a heart attack just months later.

The problem is Krikorian is much more about than about the illegals. He has , IMHO, some quite radical ideas on immigration period that need to be engaged. Those other ideas he has concern me more quite honestly than his view on on the illegal immigration issue which I think is sort a side show for him. A Important one but that is not the whole ball of wax either . Hey it is a legitmate view. I am not saying he is SATAN. Though one does a get a sense maybe he thinks the rest of us are at times or at least want to destroy the Republic with all these bodies.

Can not the leading Conservative and republican journal and it's influential CORNER blog that so many of us click on a million times a day arrange for another voice. How can we debate the ideas if there is no one on the other side showing other conservative lines of though on this issue!! They exist.

SO NR and NRO give your Conservative Christians that favor a compromise, Chamber of Commerce, Cato Inst, Wall Street Journal reading readership a bone here.

2 comments:

SJ Reidhead said...

Excellent!

Kirkorian is one of John Tanton's flunkies. I continue to be amazed that people do not pay attention to any of the Tanton people or organizations.

I guess the fight continues.

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

James H said...

I agree.

This is what gets me. Why are not people paying more attention to these peoples views beyond the emotional issue of illegal immigration?

I can recall when the talking point was "I am not against immigration just illegal immigration".

There has been a subtle shift in this now. Kirorian and others protest things such as giving citzenship in exchange for military service to the issuance of more visas for people that posssess high tech skills. All common sense proposals that I think many conservatives would back.

I am disturbed that this agenda is getting a foot in the door and no one seems to want to challenge it