Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Need to Defend Henry Reid

Live the Trinity has a pretty sensible post on this at In strange defense of Senator Harry Reid


I agree in large part with this. As I have stated earlier I think the GOP is using this to do some understandable venting and also having a rare platform(that can't be ignored) where a point about a double standard must be made.

I also don't think most conservatives or Republicans if pushed on this think he should resign over this .YES I SEE THE TOWNHALL POLL HE CITES but those things are sort of deceptive. It is sort of like me going to Free Republic or Democrat Underground and thinking those polls and comments are indicative of the vast part of the party and movement.

This issue will be forgotten by the end of the week. Plus I think we can tell that there will be no real effort by the GOP to get Reid to resign over this.

So yes some sanity needs to return to this. I expect it will because we shall have moved on to something else by Friday.

No comments: