Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Are Catholic Social Justice Folks Guilty of Racism

Just Curious

Returning to my controversial subject of immigration reform. I was a part of considerable amount of Republicans that backed that measure that was under the leadership of John McCain. During that time I did go to a few meetings of Catholic Social Justice Groups. I noted their membership was above 50 and mostly white.

One would have to be blind to see that most self proclaimed Catholic Social Justice Catholics are supporting Obama. They have a whole litany of reason to vote for Obama. What is missing is immigration. What is missing is that McCain twice put his political career on the line to immigration reform passed. What is missing is that most reporters and people that were experts on this issue said that Obama at the request of Unions killed it by a poison pill.

Why do mostly white social Justice Catholics that mostly lead these organizations on a National and local level do not care? If I was a Hispanic or a Latino Catholic no matter where I stood on the issue (whether pro or con) at least I would want the issue aired . I would would be asking questions.

No comments: