Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Reverse Sexism of the Election- The Young Men Offspring of the Democrat and GOP Hopefuls

Forgive me for not posting more today!!! I have some nasty bug and when I got home I just went to bed. So hopefully there will be a Louisiana Catholic Blog Update today. Anyway forgive me if a few of my inital post for Wednesday have a political slant. Some things just on my mind

I saw something at VOX NOVA in the comment section I have seen talked about all over the place:

I personally have an issue with her ambition– knowing her daughter’s condition, she nonetheless accepted the nomination, knowing the whole world would be scrutinizing a 17-year old girl. And surely being VP is not a 9-5 job: who will look after the little special needs child? Who will be the primary care-giver? Her husband?.

Well that is a argument , a weak one, I think that has been thrown around to perhaps question Governor Palin's devotion to family. I highly suspect to Governor Palin, and her daughter, such thoughts are foreign in the land of Alaska. But that is another post.

However has anyone noticed something missing? That i sSenators John McCain, and Joe Biden, and Governor Palin have had or will have their young boys (young men really) in combat in Iraq. Also it does not take a rocket scientist to realize chances are they will do a tour in far more dangerous Afghanistan!! While the whole world is talking about in my my view Faux outrage over POOR OLE BRISTOL PALIN how could the Governor do this no one is talking what high valued targets these young men will be.

John McCain young son learned his dad won the New Hampshire Primary while digging his jeep out of a dangerous part of Iraq. Again I don't think this shows any lack of devotion on McCain's, Palin or Biden's part at all. I think it is great they have raised such good boys to do this. But the double standard is sort of breath taking to me.

No comments: