Wednesday, December 22, 2010

After Getting DADT Repealed A Call Fire Head of the Marines!!

No now every post will be about gay related issues today. WIth the repeal of DADT and other matters in the news there is just a lot there. However I was pretty shocked by this piece in the Washington Post from a major columnist. See Marine Corps commandant has to go

I mean WOW. It would expect (though I hope I do not) to see pieces like this a few years after the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. I mean we have this just couple of days after passing!!

If you were for the repeal of DADT then voices like this should concern you. It confirms your opponents worst fears.

There is no reason to think he will not salute the flag and carry out Congressional directives. However because he exists and has this views then he must be removed?

When you read stuff like this the concerns of the Archdiocese of the Military seem really valid. I am praying this is an isolated voice.

3 comments:

Andy said...

It's not that surprising. The "pro-tolerance" crowd against Prop 8 in California forced a musical theater director to resign for his support of prop 8, boycotted numerous hotels and restaurants whose owners donated to prop 8, threatened mormons, vandalized their churches, required some pastors to hire body guards in response to threats of physical violence, sent fake anthrax to KOC headquarters and mormon temples, etc, etc.

The pro-gay marriage forces argued they have been historically discriminated against. However, I'm not aware of any negative repercussions for donors to the anti-prop 8 side, but there sure was a lot of violence and threats towards pro-prop 8 donors from the "tolerant."

James H said...

There is a amazing DOUBLE standard. I would not be so fearful about the repeal of DADT if the stories like the above I w was not seeing seeing

Perhaps it will not happen. But when does expressing a traditional Christian understanding against smae sex acts become a hostile work environment case. How this is implemented is going to be so important

Catholic Defender said...

I just left this with Fox News from an article related to this subject:
"The issue of Gays in the Military is a serious problem. I have served in the Army for more than 26 years. I have been on the front line, the tip of the spear. I am also a Catholic. A practicing Christian and a practicing Homosexual can not co-exist. When I was in Iraq a year ago, our Brigade Chaplain informed me that the United States Chaplains were told by Gay Activists that they would have to modify what they preach from the pulpit. I have serious problems when the State can dictate policy that will force our Chaplains to water down the gospel. I have already had arguments with Brigade and Battalion EO Representatives about a gay initiative. If you hint that Sodomy is a sin, you can get an EO complaint against you. The Persecution of Christians will result through bad policy. Anytime the State throws out the authority of God for the imposition of man, it is never a good idea. As Catholics, we should respect people, but to compromise our faith is wrong. I personally am not ready for a First Sergeant bringing his male lover to a Ball. That is one Ball I will not attend"! ,