Sunday, January 10, 2010

New UK Legislation Would Ban Male only Catholic Priests

Let me say I am not to sure how seriously I should take some articles in UK newspapers. The information is often good but they seem to also have a habit of being provocative and a tad tabloid at times.

I also have no clue about UK law. Yet have we not seen enough stuff under the banner of "equality" the last couple of decades that we should be cautious?

Father at Standing on my Head has the link and used some humor in this situation. Father leaved in the UK for a number of years and it appears he might be concerned.

See The Vicar on Catholic Priests

2 comments:

Subvet said...

Father Z also posted on this. FWIW, a couple of his commenters seem to be savy on UK law. Their input is interesting.

The mindset that spawns this trash isn't confined to England. Not too long ago their was proposed legislation in CT. that would have affected how the finances of the churches there were handled. If memory serves me correctly, it would have basically tied the hands of pastors.

England is only ahead of us and not by much.

I seriously doubt we'll see this garbage passed, but the growth of attitudes that think it acceptable will continue. Those attitudes will also advance on this side of the Atlantic and THAT is cause for concern.

We've the curse of living in interesting times.

James H said...

AH thanks for the heads up. Yeah I agree it is a problem. Some of the stuff I see in Canada scares me to death