Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How AM I Doing In My College Bowl Pickem Contest?

I am ranked number 2!!! I have currently a percentage of 73.33 in correcting the winners.

Good news there is only one person ahead of me ranked number one. The bad news he has picked the same game winners in the last three games as I have. That is GaTech, Troy, and Texas. DARN!!!

There are 2217 in my Bowl Pickem contest. Currently 11 other people are ranked 2 with me.

I have never done this well. It burns me that I decided to do a wacko pick as to one of my selections.

The following teams I picked but they ended up losing
Fresno State
South Carolina
BYU
Cal
Ohio
Kentucky
LSU
Michigan State

What gets me is some of these were stupid picks in a way. I sort of let Conference loyalty get in the way of my better judgment. I can justify the Fresno State pic as to the WAC. I really was going out on a limb as to South Carolina and Kentucky though.

Looking back the BYU pick was the most wacked. I think my justification at the time was I needed to pick an upset to separate myself from the pack. Why I picked this one I do not know. Sadly I am also wondering why I picked Michigan State. I had some justification at the time (recall none of the Leach drama has occurred at the time of selection) but I can't think what is was. I think I thought it would be just Michigan State's year and this would be one of those upsets.

I wonder if there is a prize for number 2.

No comments: