Friday, January 15, 2010

Derek Dooley Is Tennessee's New Head Football Coach

My source is pretty good on this. I have at least 90 percent confidence The wires should confirm shortly.

As a Louisiana Tech fan I am sad but I can't blame him for it. He did a lot of good for TECH. I will update with links in a moment. A good hire.

Update ONE- While we are waiting this is article that just ran a short time ago Dooley close to becoming new Tennessee coach

Update II
Tenn Media is Starting to Confirm

Update III
From the Knoxville newspaper
Derek Dooley will reportedly be named Tennessee's next head coach even though the Vols still have one interview left to conduct.
Multiple media sources are reporting that the former Louisiana Tech head coach has agreed to replace Lane Kiffin, who left UT for Southern California on Tuesday, and a deal is imminent.
UT athletic director Mike Hamilton is set to interview interim head coach Kippy Brown at 1 p.m.
Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham was the other finalist, according to a source close to the process.
A Louisiana Tech spokesperson declined to confirm or deny the move but said to check back later this afternoon
.

Update VI
BleadTECHBLUE Confirms Dooley to Tenn

Update V Dooley just named UT head coach according to TV 8 Monroe,La (THAT IS KNOE) According to reports on Tigerdroppings from viewers in the area

Update VI- ESPN RADIO Says Dooley to UT

Update VII- ESPN WEB PAGE SEEMS TO BE CONFIRMING

Update VIII well damn. I am hearing Tommy Spangler (defensive coordinator) is going to UT too. There goes the supposed Coach in waiting if this happened. Who in the heck are we going ot hire 2 weeks before signing day now

Update VIIII Yes I am noting that ESPN is crawfishing a bit. A trial ballon by the TENN AD. I doubt it. Ruston Louisiana all seems to acknowledge he is leaving

Update X- As we are awaiting for this saga to finally be confirmed Kiffin is still an arrogant jerk "Lane Kiffin quote on Rome....
quote:
"The recruits weren't coming to UT to wear the yellow uniform, they were coming to play for this coaching staff." Uh Lane the uniforms are ORANGE

Last Update for this thread. At 3 pm central listen to the FOX and COMPANY SHOW on ESPN 97.7 They are the local ESPN affiliate for the Louisiana Tech area and I am sure they will have a A TON OF INFO. Can listen via the internet

I am outta here till this evening


5 comments:

William Eunice said...

He was a better AD than football coach. Honestly the folks BB&B seem to think that the AD position is in good hands. This hire will be important for recruiting but I see this as an opportunity for Tech to move forward.

Did you watch the mens game against FSU last night? Nearly gave me a heart attack in the last 10 minutes. .... GO DAWGS!!!

James H said...

Oh yes that was great!! I was feeling under the weather last night and sadly did not go. I heard there was a great crowd

Andrew Guidroz II said...

Well, Alabama saw what a Catholic coach can do for your program ... maybe Tennessee wants to try it too! Ha ha!

Jim said...

Although he's not the first one Tennessee invited to the dance, I think he is their best choice. He's going to be better up there than a lot of people believe. Good luck to him.

James H said...

I agree with you JIM. I hat to lose him but I think he will make some needed changes up there