Friday, January 8, 2010

Catholic Bishops Say Yes To Immigration Reform in 2010

Oh no this controversial issue is coming up again. I have not changed my position on this and will support these efforts. EVEN THOUGH THIS IS GOING NO WHERE THIS YEAR. I don't think it is going anywhere in 2011 either. At the earliest it will be 2013 I suspect.

THere is no way the Democrats and Obama are going to push this with unemployment and the economy the way it is. They will attempt to blame the bad ole GOP for it's failure to do this but hopefully smart immigration groups will not be played for fools like the last time.

Hopefully Catholic groups have learned something on this issue. First who their REAL enemies are in this fight. Second they need to press the ENFORCEMENT aspect this. Some Bishops on a State level were good at this others were not.

The Pewsitter has a headline currrently up U.S. Bishops: Open the borders!

Well that is not helpful Only the most radical of Catholics support an open borders approach so that must be made clear.

Still like I said I expect this issue not to go to far. There will be a bill introduced ,Obama will makes some noise , the Dems will make some noise and then we shall find it will sort of will not go anywhere. I could be wrong on this but I saw the reality of how important this issue was to them in 2007.

No comments: