Friday, July 10, 2009

Pope Did Not Throw Obama In Papal Leg Irons

Conservatives Shocked!!! I am sure that will be headlines and stories that many Catholics and the secular press will have as to the faux straw man of conflict and expectations they have set up to make a bogyman of Conservative United States Catholics.

I think I will try to keep track of them. It is all so predictable.

We sort of have had a preliminary showing of this with a response. See
Obama to visit the Vatican; the triumphant vindication of Michael Sean Winters?

and

Michael Sean Winters still doesn't get it. (Obama, Benedict and Notre Dame, revisited)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not shocked at all. The Popes have dealt with other horrors too. It doesn't change the Church's teaching.

He did give him a nice copy of Dignitatis Personae.

James H said...

Oh I agree. But that is the line we shall here. I have only heard Pope Benedict sort of be a tad brutal once to a World Leaders and that was with a quick comment to Blair