Monday, July 20, 2009

Seventh Day Adventist Love Food!!!

I have yet to talk about my Aunt's funeral I went too last week. I am the type that the mourning sort of hits later. So I am dealing with that now.

She had a memorial service which I will go into later this week. It was one of those memorial services where as a part of it they pass around the microphone and ask everyone to tell stories!!

I swear about 3/4's of the stories had to do with her cooking. Now my family has a much of good cooks but I don't recall her cooking being like 5 star stuff. Good but maybe I am spoiled. But it hit me.

Seventh Day Adventist are pretty much Vegetarians. Which in the South make them look as suspicious as communist to some folks . All I heard at the funeral was about all the potlucks they would have and my gosh the desserts. It appears to be a great part of Church life for obvious reasons.

As I have mentoned before I have a Seventh Day Adventist influence in my family . I started thinking about it and boy were desserts a big deal. In fact they were often great. So I guess for what Seventh Day Adventist lack in meat they make up in desserts.

Just a observation

No comments: