Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tim Tebow and The Whole Virgin and Faith Question

My position is I liked Tebow's response. However I think the question was wrong for that particular forum. It would been more appropriate in this very interesting Sport's Illustrated piece that is running that Get Religion highlights. See A muscular “Jesus nerd” faces the press (Where they also tackle the Virgin Question).

I guess my concern is that for Tebow to answer this in THIS FORUM sets sort of an unfair standard for other Christian athletes in this gotcha media environment that wishes to ridicule faith

As one of the commente said

I have mixed feelings about the question. As a Christian I do feel like “Hey, bring it on!” I wouldn’t be offended and I am glad he was asked because he handled it so well. But what if his answer was more complicated? What if he had failed to live up to his principles in the past and his conscience forbids him to lie - does he really owe that information to the world?.

Also there is a double standard here. I cannot imagine this would be asked of a female athelete.

No comments: