Friday, July 17, 2009

Is It OK For Southerners to Dislike William Faulkner Books

That seems almost like heresy to write that title. I know literate Southerners are suppose to rave about Faulkner. I also am intrigued with the Mississippi Delta region so I should. However Rod Dreher shows why I can't get into his writing at Book, I've changed my mind. Get out. I agree totally.

Add this to my other Southern heresies of not thinking I have to eat homegrown tomatoes every five seconds in the summer, and really hating pecan pie.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I despise William Faulkner books. I don't like the stream of consciousness or whatever. And, at least the one book I've read, I don't like the subject matter. But that's just my personal opinion. ;)

James H said...

I have never been able to get though any of his books