Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Why Closest Aide Did Not Burn Pope John Paul the II Personal Papers as Requested

I guess this an a pretty good account that even deat Popes after they are dead don't have much say.

This reminds me of a funny story that the Famous Latinist Father Foster at the Vatican told

This is how Foster reacted when Karol Wojtyla began signing papal documents in Latin as "Joannes Paulus II" instead of "Ioannes Paulus II" after being elected pope 26 years ago. He quickly pointed out to a papal adviser that there is no letter "J" in Latin."I said, 'By the way, friend, there's no J,' " Foster recalled. "

And the answer kind of came back that the pope said, 'Well, now there is.' Well, fine, fine. He's the boss. And if you look at his tomb, the J is gone. One of my brethren said, 'Well he enjoyed his J for 26 years, and now it's gone.' His tombstone has 'I.' "

No comments: