Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why Does Fox News Suck at International News?

I just saw this on the Drudge Report

FOX NEWS RECORDS UNPRECEDENTED TOP 10 OUT OF 10 PROGRAMS IN CABLE NEWS FOR 2ND QUARTER... ON PACE TO BE NETWORK'S BEST YEAR EVER...
THE O'REILLY FACTOR 3,191,000
HANNITY 2,345,000
GLENN BECK 2,053,000
ON THE RECORD W/GRETA 1,950,000
SPECIAL REPORT W/BRET BAIER 1,889,000
FOX REPORT/SHEP SMITH 1,783,000
THE O'REILLY FACTOR (RPT) 1,579,000
AMERICA'S NEWSROOM BILL HEMMER & MEGYN KELLY 1,399,000
YOUR WORLD W/NEIL CAVUTO 1,389,000
STUDIO B W/SHEP SMITH 1,169,000



Out of those the only ones I ever watch is Greta(I think she is very good), anything with Shep( Got to support the SEC even if he is from Ole Miss) and Special Report(My Favorite).

But why oh why if anything breaking is happening International wise do I always have to turn to CNN? I mean lets face it FOX News has to put people on the airplane and it is 48 hours before the real coverage begins. Then it is limited. CNN has people there on the spot. Just watch the CNN ratings bump for the period dealing with Iran.

Now Rupert Murdoch has a huge Global TV and Print Internet empire. Why is this not being incorporated into FOX programming so FOX viewers can get on the spot international news coverage?

Is there some U.S law against this. Why can CNN do it and not Murdock? I have never understood this.

No comments: