Friday, June 19, 2009

A LSU FAN And Student that Lost His Life Returning From the College World Series

I alluded to this the other day. This young man in fact was returning from Omaha and the opening games from the College World Series. I saw on the LSU boards that in fact he had just dropped someone off in Shreveport before continuing on to Baton Rouge. Sadly he died in a freak Car accident just North of Alexandria Louisiana.

Here is his pic and obit for Benjamin Patrick "Ben" Michael (also known as ShooterMcGavin on the Tiger Droppings Forum) that is in the paper today.

O God, Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of your servants departed full remission of all their sins, that, through the help of devout supplications, they may obtain the pardon of which they have always been desirous. Who livest and reignest, world with out end. Amen
V. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,

R. and let perpetual light shine upon them.
V. May they rest in peace.
R. Amen

I saw this on a LSU board

Ben and a friend had driven up from Shreveport to Omaha to make it to Game 1 of the CWS. They made it up around noon the day of the game and we spent the rest of the day eating, drinking and playing pool at Upstream Bar downtown. We also tailgated and hit up one of those Miller Lite tents on the side of 10th street and chatted baseball and Louisiana with some of the locals. He stayed in a room here at the Embassy Suites with me, my father, and one of our fraternity brothers. He woke up in the morning, thanked us, and made his way back to Shreveport. He had contacted us that night and told us he had made it safely to Shreveport and was going to BR in the morning for work. That was the last thing I had heard from him. It is so damn ironic that he said to me the day we spent together in Omaha, that it was his dream that before he died he wanted to see a Final Four, a BCS National Championship, a CWS game at Rosenblatt, and a game at Wrigley. And after that day he had accomplished 3 of the 4. It is a damn shame he wasn't able to make it to Wrigley. (I hope one day I will be able to go to Wrigley and uphold his lifelong dream for him). He was my big brother in the fraternity and was an idol for me to life up to. Someone I could always call to talk sports, hang out, watch tv, or just spend nights shooting the shite watching tv or random stuff online. He will be greatly missed and I will forever hold him in my heart as a man who's life was taken too soon.
RIP Ben "Body" Michael
Life Ever, Die Never...

No comments: