Friday, June 12, 2009

Don't Mess With Catholic Kindergarten Graduation!!!

Inside Catholic has the amusing story of the uproar this has caused in one Catholic School

I am pretty pro-Kindergarten graduation myself. I actually recall mine.

Reasons for it
Teaches Kids the important of ceremony and important moments

It actually is a transition. WHAT NO MORE NAP TIME AND SPENDING A HOUR PLAYING WITH PLAYDO FOR HOURS . You are a big boy or girl now.

Also lets face it. It's for the parents and grandparents too. Which is in my view a good reason in itself

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, nowadays there is a *lot* more academics in kindergarten than there used to be -- it isn't just Playdoh and sharing. It's basically what first grade used to be.

So emphasizing the achievement of completing kindergarten, when there isn't as big a "jump" between kindergarten and first grade anymore, strikes me as a bit odd.

James H said...

Oh well. Maybe so. I don't have kids so I ahve to just go off my old memories

Still it is a "tradition": and it seems a nice one.