Monday, June 8, 2009

Abortion Doctor Tiller and His Excommunication

Get Religion has an interesting story on something the news media missed. See Tiller’s missing excommunication

I agree with this part:
I can’t help but think that some enterprising reporter should look at how the two Lutheran church bodies handled Dr. Tiller’s occupation differently.

It seems that besides the biggies like Baptist and Catholics (which the media does not handle well) there seems to be a lot of interesting topics as to mainline Protestant bodies I am still confused about. It would have made an interesting storyline to explore at least. I never grew up among American Lutherans so it would have been interesting to explore.

I think the most insight I got was from this Father Neuhaus story that was quite touching and insightful.

Ami nor point in the media covering of religion and current events but I think it shows that sometimes the reporters are not aware that a part of their readership has certain questions.

No comments: