Saturday, March 15, 2008

Louisiana Democrat Chairman that Ran Anti Catholic Ads Re-elected

I am so mad I can spit nails. The fact that this happen on the eve of Holy Week and Passion Sunday is indeed ironic. Here is the first report:

LA Democratic Party Re-elects Chairman Whittington
March 15, 2008 05:16 PM CDT
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Louisiana Democratic Party chairman Chris Whittington has won re-election to the post.
The party's state central committee on Saturday voted 100-64 to give Whittington his first full term in charge. Whittington beat out Vacherie lawyer Paul Aucoin in a runoff.
Whittington was first elected in 2006, when he took over from business executive Jim Bernhard who quit the post to focus on his company, The Shaw Group.


Chairman Whittington of course ran the know nothing anti Catholic Campaign against Bobby Jindal in North Louisiana.

For my past posts on this subject go see
Breaking- Louisiana Democrats Attack Jindal on Religion and His Catholic Faith8/21/2007 01:02:00 PM

Does Louisiana State Senator Robert Adley and other Elected Democrats Endorse their State Parties Religious
Based Attacks Ads Against Bobby Jindal? 8/21/2007 02:33:00 PM

A Open Letter to the Louisiana Catholic Conference and Bishops Regarding Recent Political Events 8/21/2007 04:23:00 PM

The Louisiana Democrat Party is Making North Louisiana Folks Look Like Yahoos 8/21/2007 06:20:00 PM

This Political Ad is A New Low In Louisiana Politics 8/21/2007 09:27:00 PM

More News On the Ads Bashing Catholicism and What Does Foster Campbell Think? 8/22/2007 02:30:00 PM

One Big New Orleans Liberal/Progressive Blogger Nails the Anti- Catholic Ads Against Jindal 8/22/2007 07:11:00 PM

This Man Speaks From the Heart About The State Democrat Anti -Catholic TV Ads That are running in Louisiana 8/22/2007 07:53:00 PM

Louisiana Democrat Party Oblivious- Still Running Anti Catholic Ads In Louisiana- The News Round Up 8/24/2007 12:02:00 PM

What does "Catholic" US Senator Mary Landrieu Think About Catholic Bashing Ads running in North Louisiana? 8/24/2007 05:17:00 PM

Kathryn Jean Lopez On the Anti Catholic Ads Running In Louisiana 8/25/2007 01:09:00 PM

New Orleans Times Picayune- Anti Catholic Ads Are backfiring 8/27/2007 12:36:00 PM

The Democrat Party has just slammed not only Catholics in this State but very much Catholics and Non Catholics as whole in North Louisiana. I would like to add they ran these Know Nothing ads only in North Louisiana. An areas that does not and did not then have a Bishop because the seat is vacant.. The whole thing is so offensive it boggles my mind.

Will the Louisiana Catholic Conference Speak out? Do they not care about North Louisiana Catholics? We shall see. I am not holding my breath.

Three was a Louisiana Catholic(raised in North Louisiana Like Myself) that ran the very funny Jindal is Good Site. Hewrote a great piece from the heart on this subject when it was happening. I posted it here It said:

LA DEMS -
STOP THESE ADS, YOU'RE EMBARRASSING US."
by Josh Harvey, Webmaster of "Jindal is Good!"

Confession time. I am a Democrat -- and usually proud of it.My great grandfather voted for Frankin Roosevelt. My grandmother for John Kennedy. My father for Jimmy Carter (but only the first time).Despite my party affiliation, I support Bobby Jindal for governor because he is far and away the best choice for the job.

I was born, raised and educated Catholic. The God of us all will have to decide if I have been a very good one. I grew up in North Louisiana where Catholics are a distinct minority. My Protestant friends treated my religious heritage with great respect. I appreciated that respect and think I learned from it. As a result, I believe appeals to religious prejudice are in very bad form.

And, yes, it is true, we enjoy bending the truth a little at jindalisgood.com in an attempt to amuse ourselves. Britney Spears is really not running for governor. Those were not really childhood lithographs of John Breaux. But when we make up things around here, our concoctions have no ability to deceive. They are always fanciful and obviously so.

With all that off my chest, I just wanted, as a Democrat, to voice my dismayed objection to the TV spot the Democratic Party is running which attacks Bobby Jindal as some sort of religious bigot. The ad says Jindal has published an article which, among other items, calls Protestants "scandalous." Simply not true. I read the six page article that was written by a 23 year-old Jindal in "The New Oxford Review." The Congressman wrote the "divisions" in Christianity are scandalous, not Protestants themselves. I have yet to meet a Catholic or Protestant who does not lament a divided and fractured Christian faith.

The writings the TV ad excoriate collectively describe a thoughtful and respectful young man's unique journey from his childhood religion of Hinduism to Catholicism. In fact, the lead offending article cited by the TV spot finds the Congressman specifically applauding ecumenical discussions and implores the Catholic Church to incorporate "the many Spirit-led movements found outside her walls." These are hardly the words of a religious bigot.So when I watched the TV spot, I was embarrassed and saddened for the Democratic Party -- My Party. The TV spot was plain deception with the clear intention of stimulating prejudice.

It was anti-Catholic cleverly framed in a call for religious tolerance. If Foster Campbell and Walter Boasso are real Democrats, they will call for the immediate cessation of the TV spot and demand that the heads of those responsible for this inexcusable transgression roll. I would start with Chris Whittington, the Chairman of the Louisiana Democratic Party. Besides being responsible for this treacherous ad, Chris Whittington sounds like a complete douche every time he's on the Jim Engster Show.

As a Louisiana Democrat, I know that we can do better. Perhaps it's time to put an end to the Louisiana Democratic Party as we know it, and start all over. It's not like we could do any worse. Proud to be a real Democrat,Josh Harvey.

Sorry Josh I guess they did not learn their lesson.

No comments: