Monday, April 19, 2010

What Must a Priest, Pastor, Or Preacher Tell the Civil Authorities

I think people (Catholic or not) need to be carefully watching what is happening in the Catholic Church as to these legal issues. I have always said these cases and legal precedent that is being set does not just effect Catholics or for that matter Protestant clerics. We see this in the removal of all Statute of Limitations which I think is a disaster.

Father Z links a important discussion we should be having. See Internal forum/confession and reporting crimes to the state

I find the Law of Evidence fascinating. In fact I find them as one of man's best achievements. It is based on hundreds of years experience of how to find the truth in this fallen world. It also has Privileges that society finds so important that cannot be violated. These norms should not be overturned overnight.

No comments: