Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Louisiana Woman Does Sit In To Stop Sidewalk!!!

Well this is interesting

Construction crews have been digging up the earth along South Third Street for more than a month. They have poured concrete and set a sidewalk running north from Winnsboro Road.

If the tractors are to go any farther, Delisa Jackson said they will have to go over obstacles and her.
“If I have to park my car there, I’ll park my car there,” Jackson said of the proposed sidewalk path. “If I have to stage my body there, I will.”
Jackson, who owns the house at 603 S. Third St. and has lived there for eight years, is concerned the sidewalk will make her property more accessible to drug dealers. She’s also disputing the city has the right-of-way through her property.With a little more than a block to go before the project is completed, Jackson is trying to stall construction
.

Then we read:
Richard Paulus with the city of Monroe Engineering Department, said he doesn’t anticipate any problems Wednesday when crews lay the sidewalk in front of Jackson’s home.

DUDE it appears to me you got a problem!!! Including a ton of press that will be there to see if you pour concrete over Poor Mrs Jackson or send her off in handcuffs.

More at Southside resident stages sit-in to stop sidewalk

No comments: