Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Best Quote From Catholic Woman On Sex Abuse Scandal and Celibacy

I saw this in the comment section of The Anchoress in her post

The Celibacy Lecture

I am a bit dimwitted: could someone please answer my two questions.
1. Why should fine upstanding Catholic women have to marry men to prevent them from being child molesters?.......

Yes why!!!! Of course we know it does not.

Oh but at least they will not Priests!!! (well they actually still are in reality) but according to Canon Law they have been moved to the Laity so it looks better in the papers.

Again as to that California Oakland case I am wondering why I should be all upset that Benedict did not move heaven and earth to give a child abuser a dispensation so he could marry.

I might be too optimistic on this but I think some progress has been made on the silly notion that celibacy causes child molestation.

No comments: