Sunday, April 4, 2010

83 Year Old Maryland Man Comes Into the Catholic Church On Holy Saturday

This is an interesting and fun story from the Archdiocese of Baltimore that talks about this guy and converts a whole there.

This is pretty funny:
"I just wanted to formalize what has been a kind of informal relationship with the church," he said.While attending the Catholic Church for decades, Foster had maintained his allegiance to the Episcopal church where he was baptized. "I, just at a certain point, wanted to be more closely associated with a congregation in a more formal way," said Foster, a former television producer who is now a media consultant. "Perhaps as I get older I think more about my mortality and think more about my faith and strengthening it."

Now he, too, will be receiving sacraments at the parish as his three children did.

Huller, who was raised Methodist, wasn't sure why he waited so long to convert."Since the end of World War II, I've just learned not to volunteer for anything," he said.

His wife set an excellent example, though she never prodded him to convert, Huller said. "I think primarily what influenced me was my wife and the type of person she was, and how she lived," he said.
Only one aspect of the conversion made Huller nervous. "I'm not used to confession, I'll tell you that," he said.

2 comments:

Andy said...

"Since the end of World War II, I've just learned not to volunteer for anything." Ha! I'm pretty sure WW2 had that effect on a lot of people.

James H said...

LOL I thought that comment about WWII was classic