Monday, August 17, 2009

Why I Hate the Cash the Clunkers Program

There are many reasons. One it seems a big waste of taxpayer dollars. Also why cars? Why not Cash for old clunker computers . I hate it because it will really hurt the poor. Outside cities where one has public transport the working poor do wonders with these cars. My gosh I saw an old Chevy Nova of all things the other day going at it. I hate it because when your kid turns 16 and gets his driver license you can't get them a cheap car. I hate it if still have one of these it is going to become harder to go to a Parts U pull it Yard to get the spare parts. (again the poor get screwed)

Via Instapundit thought is what really gets me


AN OPEN-THREAD DISCUSSION ON CASH FOR CLUNKERS. “My most honest, most visceral response to Cash for Clunkers is sadness–sadness that old cars are being destroyed before their natural end. Older cars are rolling history. Chevrolet isn’t making any more 1991 Chevrolet Caprices, for example. These cars are a non-renewable and, in my mind, precious resource.”
Somebody emailed me the other day with this thought: Cash For Clunkers is just “death panels” for cars. Ouch. First Grandma’s Caprice, then Grandma?
Posted at 7:00 pm by Glenn Reynolds


Exactly. For something that as billed as "environmental" this all seems such a WASTE in all senses of the term.

No comments: