Thursday, August 20, 2009

Walker Percy and the CRAZY Health Care Debate

I got a good chuckle at this post at First Thoughts today. See All Kinds of Crazy. I love how he ends the piece

All of which brings to mind Walker Percy’s novel Love in the Ruins; The Adventures of a Bad Catholic at a Time Near the End of the World, the opening paragraph of which reads:

Now in these dread latter days of the old violent beloved U.S.A. and of the Christ-forgetting Christ-haunted death-dealing Western world I came to myself in a grove of young pines and the question came to me: has it happened at last?
Two more hours could tell the story. One way or the other. Either I am right and a catastrophe will occur, or it won’t and I’m crazy. In either case, the outlook is not so good.

Someone needs to break out the ole’ Ontological Lapsometer before it’s too late.

No comments: