Sunday, August 2, 2009

Should We Hold the 2012 GOP Convention on the Gulf Coast?

Let's get it Right has an interesting post at 2012 GOP Convention-Bring it to Miami!

Carlos is from Miami so he is pushing that. Still there is the big H question. That is hurricanes. It does seem that during the last two conventions of the GOP the Florida and or Louisiana delegation had to race home. Jeb had to leave the 2004 convention early and of course Jindal's grand appearance got smashed.

The key I think is the date. In some ways I like as a GOP guy to go last. But I expect the Dems will want to take that position in 12 . If one get a mid August date I think it might be worth the risk. Florida and especially Miami needs to be shored up!!! After that getting closer to September is getting more dangerous in my view point.

One of course cannot plan one's life in fear of these events. Still it is something to consider. Of course these hurricane paths run in trends. I have to think in four years that it might be less likely that cities like Miami, St Petersburg, New Orleans (the prime locations one would put it on the Gulf) will have as high as a risk.

1 comment:

Carlos Echevarria said...

Thank you very much for the link, I understand your concern about the hurricanes.

I would imagine it will be late July or early August right???

You are totally right we need to get Florida back in the RED column...