Friday, August 7, 2009

More Rumors of Anglo Catholics Being Received By Rome

I have to agree with Father at Standing on My Head this is getting tiresome. See Anglo Catholics to be Received?

I don't exactly take the strident tone Father does. I think Rome could be a tad more accomodating (see the comment section) . Also his statement "They have the offer (in the US anyway) of their own Anglican based liturgy" might not be totally true. I think has lot to do with the local Bishop. I suspect many local Bishops are not wanting to be seen as taking advantage of the current situation in the TEC. For instance what if a group of Anglo Catholics came to Bishop Duca of the Diocese of Shreveport and said we want to come over give us an Anglican use Church. I suspect Bishop Duca would have concerns how the TEC Bishop (Literally not even a mile down the road) of the Dicoese of Western Louisiana would react. Perhaps we are getting to the point where Bishop Duca should not care but still it is a consideration. So how much available this "Anglican Use" option is in reality I am not sure.

I would love for this to happen. Still these rumors come up from some group of Anglo Catholics all the time. So while I am hoping I am not holding my breath.

2 comments:

Lazy Disciple said...

Dear James,

I understand your concern for the Anglican bishop.

I share your concern for that "big picture" of ecumenism.

That said, I still cannot see how bringing whole dioceses into full communion with the One True Church is anti-ecumenical.

Best,
LD

James H said...

Well I don't think we shall ever bring whole Dicoese in. Heck individual Parishes are problematic. Think about the individual members questions as to marriage and having to give annulments.

But I am very pro Anglican Use. I think In Louisiana and in particular ic a couple of Dicosese we could do it