Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Democrat Majority Leader Breaks With Obama Regarding Israel

Oops this is significant.

Interviewed in the Jerusalem Post House majority leader Steny Hoyer said:

"According to Hoyer, there was a difference in how Congress viewed the West Bank and Jerusalem; he felt that there was more acceptance of Jewish construction in east Jerusalem than in the settlements in the West Bank.
"I think there is a significant difference between what we are talking about in the West Bank and Jerusalem itself, which is an integrated city; which is a whole," he said. "My view is that it will remain whole, and therefore - I don't want to anticipate the endgame - but I don't think the partitioning of Jerusalem is a reasonable outcome. I don't think it will happen
."

Contentions has more at Congress Reining in Obama on Israel?

No comments: