Saturday, June 19, 2010

Should Priests Celebrate Mass and the Sacraments With Ipads At the Altar?


Wow I have to think if I like this. In some ways I don't want this to happen (with the exception of emergencies and special circumstances). However I don't know why I have pause in going this direction.
See via the Deacon Bench his post How long until we see this on the altar?
I do think this is different than the whole fake liturgical candle thing we Catholics went through (the electric light ones).
It also seems different than than the issue of having the proper style and material for the vessels used at Mass.
Do we need paper at the altar? I just like that idea of a BOOK. But of course this is a book but not on paper? I have to think about this.
Update-This South Louisiana Catholic blog has good thoughts on this as well. See Electronic Altar Missals?

No comments: