Friday, August 19, 2011

I Personally Find Frank Schaeffer To Be A Complete Loon

But it's a strange NYT's article that seems to just miss the fact that he converted to Eastern Orthodoxy. See Son of Evangelical Royalty Turns His Back, and Tells the Tale

I think he took that conversion seriously and he must not have just converted because of "right wing politics" or TV preachers. Seems a important part of the story.

Anyway he seems to be type that always has to be angry at something and more importantly SOMEONE or SOME PEOPLE. Personally I would watch my back if I was allied with him.

See this take at by a Catholic Convert that talks about anti Catholicism and other matters which might show a pattern.

3 comments:

SJ Reidhead said...

Amen!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

James H said...

He really is a piece of work. He has relationship problems I think but because he calls out the right on various things he gets a pass

Nicholas said...

He is a loon. He's an embarrassment to Orthodoxy , so I'm glad the NYT's didn't emphasize him being Orthodox or try to make him out to be spokesperson for Orthodoxy.

Many Orthodox writers have expressed their concerns about his lack of charity and his extremism , even before he became the darling of the anti-Christ Left on HuffPo and MSNBC .