Thursday, August 4, 2011

Former Mayor Of New Orleans and Other High Profile Alumni On Whipping Kids At St Augustine



SPARE THE ROD SPOIL THE CHILD seems to be their view ( Plus the need for more "local" control". See High profile St. Aug. grads speak out in favor of more local control of the school

I keep hearing St Augs is the only Catholic school in the country that still has corporal punishment. That seems like a incredible claim but in this day and age it might be true.

Now I would be curious about what the other local control issues are that they have. Because on the spanking issue local control must mean the Archbishop would still be involved and he is not a fan of the practice. I should note I am sympathetic to the parents on the spanking issue.

Still I hope the New Orleans fall temperatures of the temperate low 90's cool this situation down somewhat.

No comments: