Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How About Some Real Diversity On the Court

All this talk of diversity makes me yawn. Why? Well as Instapundit so helpfully links



UPDATE: Heh: “I can’t even work up any outrage at this kind of tokenism. It’s expected, like her being a Princeton/Yale Law alumna. Just once in my life I’d like to see a president nominate to the court a graduate of, say, University of Tennessee Law School. That would be diversity. Instead, she’s just another Ivy Leaguer. Yawn.” Hey, don’t expect me to disagree . . . .



Sadly the fix is in. Justice Scalia on the hiring of Law Clerks (which is often the beginning of the path to these greater and bigger things said hey if you go to a "State School" so sorry

1 comment:

Pro Ecclesia said...

UVa is about the only state school that has any track record of graduates consistently getting Supreme Court clerkships.