Thursday, August 7, 2008

Whatever Happen To All the Fireflies?

Neo Neocon has a nice post at Fireflies and other childish pleasures.

I grew up on a LSU Agricultural Expermental station which was one huge piece of property full of ponds , creeks, hay barns, woods, and expensive state equipment we all got into. I was very lucky that at the time I grew up there were a good many kids my age growing up on the station too.

There were swarms and swarms of fireflies we had a ton of fun catching them in the evening. It was always a fun part of summer. I am not sure what happen but it is rare to see any now. Perhaps it is the insecticide we are spraying all over the place to get of West Nile. Who knows but I do miss seeing them

2 comments:

William Eunice said...

Saw some in St. Francisville recently. Occasionally I see some around the house ...

James H said...

I hop ehey come back in their orgianal force