Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Spitzer scandal and How No Sin is Private

I remember when I went through RCIA the priest said "You could be on a deserted Island and if you sin it is not private but effects the whole Church". That was a concept I had not thought about before.

Courageman is one of those unique Catholic bloggers that actually talks about his struggles with Sin. Which is quite a service because one would look at the vast Catholic blosphere and one might think we are all Saints. I have not yet reached the comfort level to talk about those same ole struggles I deal with every day. Anyway I thought of that RCIA class after I read his post The Spitzer scandal

1 comment:

CourageMan said...

Thanks for the mention, James.

I think the difference between our comfort levels about talking about one's own sin just reflects my being anonymous while you publish under your own name and often write about non-religious issues.

It's no great personal virtue on my part. I assure you if I had to attach my name and frequently posted about my alma mater's sports teams, I would probably be as reticent as anyone to discuss the kinds of matters I do. In fact, I certainly wouldn't be blogging about my homosexuality at all, as I'm not wholly "out" to the world.