Monday, March 3, 2008

Prayers Please For My Grandfather's Soul

I just found out from my Mother he has passed away. I am in pretty much so much in shock that I am having problems feeling anything.

My poor Grandmother. My poor Mother!!!! I don't think it has hit her yet. Anyway I went to Mississippi just two weeks ago to visit him and we all went out to dinner. He was not in the best of health but there was no indication that this was going to happen!!!!

Anyway if you can keep the Soul of James Shepherd in your prayers as well as my family I would appreciate it.

Anyway needless to say blogging and posting will be sporadic if any over the next few days. I am not even sure where the funeral will be or when but it looks like I am about to travel out of town this evening or tomorrow.

10 comments:

lvschant said...

Just read this entry... so sorry to hear about his passing. I will pray for him.
Janet.

Paul Cat said...

Y'all will be in my prayers. No worries. I was kind of numb for a couple of days after my dad passed away. I learned the value of the wake a funeral for a grieving family.

Anonymous said...

You and your family will be in my prayers, James.

Kathryn

www.fromtherecamier.org

Anonymous said...

Requiescat in pace.

TQ

Anonymous said...

Paying here as well ...

Anonymous said...

As strange as this might sound, James, one of my best "talents" is praying for the dead. Purgatory was my biggest draw to the Church and I am always praying for the holy souls' quick and expedient arrival in the arms of Mary, Our Mother, Christ, Our Lord and all the angels and saints. I will definitely be praying for your grandpa James Shepherd. And I'm praying for your whole family as well.

Net
Cathlete.net

SJ Reidhead said...

I am crying with you. I miss my grandfather more as every day passes, and I lost him a decade ago. Just be thankful, as was I, that you were able to have him for so long in your life.

I hurt for you.

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

Tina M. said...

I will offer my Mass today for him. May God give you strength and comfort during this time.

Cajun Huguenot said...

I am very sorry to here about the passing of your greanfather.

You and all your family ill be in our prayers.

Kenith

SJ Reidhead said...

You will never get over this. I know from bitter experience. It gets easier, but there are things that just bring my grandfather back to me, and a a few tears come. Just take care.

SJR
The Pink Flamingo